WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Washington D.C. Post 1!!!

If you didn't know already over Memorial Day weekend I had the WONDERFUL opportunity of being able to go to Washington D.C. to sing under the direction of Craig Jessop, who by the way is freakishly talented! I worked with him when I was in High School and that was fun although they did have to remind us that we were only High School kids and he needed to be a little nicer! Oh in case you don't know who Craig Jessop is he was the Choral director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Now as more of a background... We were asked by a choral festival group to come and join with 6 other choirs and sing for the Memorial Day services there. So we did and I have to say I am soooo very thankful to the choral directors, and my music teachers who helped make me just fall in love with music. I have had so many wonderful experiences singing and of course you can't do it without them! Anywho on with the trip!!!! I was one of the 2 photographers so I won't be posting all the pictures because well if you know me you know how much I love to take pictures all in all I took around 650 so I will just select a few of my favorites to remember the trip with!

We left on Thursday May 24 to go down to Salt Lake since we left at 7 in the morning the next day! So we had a delightful trip down and once we got there we went to the new mall in Salt Lake! SOOOO beautiful! Loved it! Then we went to eat with some friends that were also going to Washington D.C. with us at the Cheesecake Factory YUMMMY! After our delightful dinner we went to find our hotel and check in! We stayed at the Quality Inn and let me tell you if you want Quality DON'T stay at the Quality Inn. You will be sorry! First as we walked up to the building we were a little skeptical because well it has not been kept up very well. Kind of looked like a safe haven for Druggies, Murderers, etc. No it wasn't that bad almost but almost! Anyway our room was WONDERFUL compared to what Jeanie and Ronda had to deal with! We just didn't have towels, an iron, and a hairdryer. Their room had only 2 lights, their toilet overflowed, and no towels. They had to have Security Guards go around looking for extra towels. Creepy! Anyways we slept in our dirty sheets and not even lying I swear ALL night long there was a guy somewhere whistling. Jeanie heard it too so it wasn't just me! Thank Goodness. So it is probably Haunted too! Anyway DON'T stay there! TRUST me on that one. We did however get our money back so that was a free night! So we get to the airport the next day and get new reservations for when we get back! Flying is definitely not as much fun anymore you have to pay for EVERYTHING! You don't even get free pretzels or peanuts anymore bummer :(
We got all checked in and of course we as Sounds don't go anywhere without our playing cards! Such a fun past time!!! (Analisa ?, Mindy Gerrard, Gayleen Meservy, Kevin Elwood, Linda Winters, and Cindy Benson)

Here are 2 of our favorite people! Karen and Mark Blatter! She is Dougs other mother, and my most FAVORITE Labor and Delivery nurse. I didn't get to have her when Jayden was born but she worked a double shift just so she could stay and finish Karston's birth! I LOVE HER!!! Then to top it all off she gave him this adorable blanket that she made!!! Such a lovely lady!!!
Here is our mug shot before boarding the plane. Since I was taking the pictures I had to make sure every once in awhile I was in one just to prove to my family I was actually there!
Our fearless leaders! Jeanie Elison, Ronda Groberg, and Dixie Johnson! Such fun ladies!!!
Once we landed we got to ride the fun cart thing over to baggage claim I snapped this little beauty just as it started to move! Hahaha love Benson's face!

And now we wait....... and wait...... and wait for 67 people to find their luggage! And that is the first half of our adventure! Fun and overly exciting I know!!!! More to Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment