WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I Have Learned About Being a Mom

There is nothing more important to me than to try my hardest and be the best mom I can for my son. He truly has such a sweet spirit about him and I feel so honored that he would choose me for his mom. I have learned many things through this experience so I thought I would share a few!
Before I was a mom I never forgot words to a lullaby and I never worried about what might be on my floor. Before I was a mom I have never been pucked on, pooped on, or tinkled on. Before I was a mom I didn't have a dry cleaning bill. I had complete control of my mind, my thoughts, and I slept ALL night long. Before I was a mom I never had to hold down a screaming baby and look into teary eyes and start to cry myself while doctors performed tests. I never got GLORIOUSLY happy to see a little grin, I never stayed up late to watch my baby sleep just to see the sweet faces he makes. I never knew what it felt like to have my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt. I never knew that someone SO very small could impact my life in such a HUGE way. I never knew I could love someone this much. I didn't know how special it felt to feed a hungry baby. And I never felt so important to anyone. I never got up every 10 minutes to make sure he was okay. Before I was a mom I had never felt the warmth, the joy, the love, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a mom. I love you so much Baby Karston Thank you for choosing me for your mom!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. He still seems so little compared to Ryan! What a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a neat post! THanks for sharing. Very cute pictures by the way!

    ReplyDelete