WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Friday, May 21, 2010

SOOO SICK

So this week has not been fun at our house. I have decided that I am TIRED of being thrown up on. Why is it that dad can hold them forever and then as soon as they see and reach for mom they do a MASSIVE puck bomb all over her? Not fair, but oh well. Tuesday morning about 2:00 a.m. Karston starts throwing up and continues until about 11:00. He was averaging about 2 times an hour sometimes more so when Bile started to come out mom and dad decided to take him in. We took him into Redicare because it was like 6:00 in the morning I will never do this again. Well it turned out that the poor little man has a massive ear infection in both ears. Now you see with Karston we never know if his ears are bothering him because he LOVES ears. He plays with his ears, my ears, Doug's ears etc the point is if you have ears he WILL play with them. Then they found that he is COMPLETELY congested and it is incredibly thick which is causing the gagging and throw up. Well they decided they wanted to do an IV on him to help push all that mucous around so that he will be able to secrete it better because he wouldn't drink, or if he did drink he wouldn't keep it down which would then cause him to choke on the THICK mucous. Well in a few seconds an ARMY of men came in to hold him down. Now I am sorry, but If I was only 1 and a bunch of strangers were holding me down and I can't see my mom or dad I would be a little scared too. Then the poking started Poke #1 Got it then they moved his arm and lost it. Poke #2 Well maybe there is a vein here oops no guess not (Nurses start swearing at each other and were VERY unorganized... MOM AND DAD getting VERY VERY upset.) Poke #3 Well lets go in the same vein we used for poke #1 HMMMMM shoot BLEW that one. Well lets try his hand or feet.... MOM: "NOPE you are not poking him anymore you are torturing him" Mom grabs Karston and begins to tell them they can't just assume there is a vein there without making sure first. I have seen blood draws, IV procedures enough to know the proper way to check for a vein. Mom takes him home and FORCES fluids down like crazy. By night He is feeling a little better. Wednesday comes Doug says he dosn't feel well sure enough 2:00 in the morning comes and Doug begins to puke and he continues for the next 12 Hours till I make him go to the Dr.(Mostly because when he pukes it's sounds HORRIBLE which just listening to him almost makes me want to puke)Doctor decides that he needs an IV. Doug gets IV with some Fenegran he is in heaven. Comes home and crashes. Sleeps well all night. Friday morning... Mom is up fixing breakfast Karston comes to get her mom picks him up and again MAJOR BARF BOMB all over mom... LOVELY! Mom starts crying, Karston starts pucking and pooping. I tell ya what... I now am the proud owner of the new perfume called "POOBARF JUST FOR MOMS." Going on about 2 hours of nothing right now hopefully it is all done and HOPEFULLY mom doesn't get a turn!


When he would throw up he would just lay his little head on the sink and do this sad sad whimper. Mom cried A LOT.

Poor little guy!

Doug resting for 5 minutes in between visits. Poor man!

Karston and Doug sound asleep at Dr. Lilenquist's office. My cute boys. I love you both soooo very much, but please keep this to yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Poor Monkey- makes me soo sad!! I am glad to hear everyone is feeling much better!!!

    ReplyDelete