WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reminders and Blessings!!!

I always love it when a New Year comes! I love it when January 1 rolls around every year. I always feel rejuvenated and ready to take on whatever comes on!!! That is January 1 by January 2 that particular feeling is gone. So I figured while I am feeling so buoyant I should write my Happy New Year post.

I have to start out by telling everyone about what my little man did. I know I have probably told most of you who read my blog already, but I figure that my blog is kind of like my Journal so I am gonna tell it again and if you would like to keep reading go ahead and if not that is okay to.


December 30 is my best friend in the whole entire world daughters birthday. They decided to celebrate it at Blast Off this year. So I was sick earlier that week so I was still just feeling kind of tired, weak, and headachy, but I figure Kelli ALWAYS no matter what is one I can count on so I need to muster it up and go, and I am so glad that I did. This was my first time at Blast Off so I thought it was kind of fun. They have this big ball pit right as you enter into the kids play area well Karston FINALLY got enough courage to climb in after examining and throwing lots of balls out of the side and realizing that it probably isn't going to eat him up if he goes in. So he gets in and is playing having a marvelous time laughing, swimming yadda yadda yadda. Well then ALL of the BIGGER boys came and of course jumped in. Well an immediate look of terror came over skeptical Karston's face and he immediately proceeded to jump out. I pushed my hair back so my ear would be showing ( Anyone who knows Karston knows that if he gets scared or is tired he hurries and goes to grandma or grandpa's or mom and dad and starts to rub their ear weird I know, but that is what he does none the less). So there I am ear ready, arms open ready to comfort my little man. Well he was looking at me the entire time except he did the exact opposite from what I thought he was going to do. Instead of coming to me once he reached the bottom of the ball pit he Knelt down, folded his arms, and started to pray. Now obviously he still speaks some foreign language, but I can only imagine what he was saying. Something to the effect of "Heavenly Father, PLEASE don't let me die tonight." Kelli, her mom and I were laughing, but now the more I think about it I can't help but feel a little comforted by it. Some may say maybe I am reading to much into it or that he possibly can't understand the concept of prayer yet I mean good gosh he isn't even 2 YET. And you all are probably right, but I also know that our kids are sent to us to help us learn. Karston was scarred and I was less than 2 feet away from him yet he dropped to his knees and started to pray with no one telling him to fold his arms or anything. So Yes maybe I am reading to much into it, BUT all I know is that he was scarred and his instinct was not to come to mom, but to say a prayer.

That was a great lesson for me. It makes me wonder and kind of think about my life. Do I when I am scared turn to some mortal being or do I quickly kneel down and pray to my Heavenly Father?

Anyway I love this little man and I am so very grateful for EVERYTHING that he teaches or reminds me of every day!!!!


NOW ONTO MY NEW YEARS POST!!!!!

This year is already starting out WONDERFUL!!!! We already have lots of exciting new adventures coming and can hardly wait to see what else comes along!!!

So far this is what is going on!!!!

KARSTON:

BINKY IS OFFICIALLY GONE GONE GONE!!!!

He (due to the fact that he was asleep when we got home) Slept in his new BIG boy bed ALL night. He was NOT happy with mom and dad that morning however. He walked over to his crib pointed at it and "MINE MINE NIGHT NIGHT." Oh boy this is gonna be fun teaching him to share with his new little sibling!

DOUG: NEW JOB!!!!! He will be starting a new job Monday January the 10!!! We are all so very excited and proud of him. He is so excited and we can't wait for this new adventure!

KARA: A new BABY in June!!! Actually that is for all of us, but I needed something exciting to put for me!

So far that is it and it is only JANUARY 1!!!! Anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! We wish you all a very blessed, healthy, and HAPPY New Year!!!


2 comments:

  1. OOh big boy bed- I love it- how did you arrange the romto fit that in?-- I'll have to come and see!
    What a sweet little man!! Love him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH CUTE!! You really have a sweet little guy. Now, you remember that YOU are having that baby, so that is your right to say YOU are having a baby. Yes, that is very exciting. You are a good mom!!

    ReplyDelete