WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Scary Yet Exciting Proposal!


My proposal would have to be the best date I have ever had with Doug! He picked me up and took me to the one and only place to eat... SIZZLER! After we had a yummy meal we were walking out in the freezing cold Idaho winter weather (actually by then it was starting to warm up just a smidge) he opened my door for me (what a Gentleman) I got in and he got out a blind fold. I'm thinking strange but whatever. You see my dates with Doug I never really knew what to expect. I mean on my second date I had to use the bathroom and we were four wheeling so we stopped and I used this little outhouse well it was dark and this particular outhouse once you were in you couldn't get out. I had to yell for Doug and he had to come to my rescue. So Embarassing! So anywh0... I'm blindfolded and Doug is driving me through all these fields and places. I had no IDEA where we were or what was going on. Well We finally get to our destination and I hear Doug get out. He comes over and opens my door and the first thing I hear is him cocking his GUN! I'm sitting there thinking great my life is over then the next sound that I hear are waterfalls... wonderful he is going to shoot me and then throw me over into the falls. So he grabs my hand I am shaking and he takes me to this one spot and he tells me that he is going to take off my blind fold and that I am to just look and not say ONE word just look! I'm sitting there thinking yah right. So he takes the blindflod off and I instantly start to say something and he tells me to be quiet. (That was so hard for me) So I look just as I am told and I see the Temple with the moon on the side of it. Then I was thinking oh how sweet we are going to have dessert out here in the moonlight looking at the temple. Well again I was wrong he asked me what I thought about when I saw the temple. So I told him I saw Eternal Families, a place of safety, etc. He told me what he thought about of course MARRIAGE was in there but being the blonde that I am I still didn't get what he was doing. So he turned me around and said " If I promise to stay worthy to continue to go there will you promise me something?" I hesitantly said sure and then he got down on one knee and said " Will you promise to go with me and marry me?" People probably heard me clear to Rexburg I was so excited. I just kept jumping up and down saying yes yes yes! He picked out my ring all by himself and it was exactly what I have always wanted! We then went home and called every single person I could possibly think of! What a GREAT NIGHT!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment