WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cookies, Skype and Goodbyes!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!! So I got a little creative itch and for some unknown reason REALLY wanted to make some Chocolate Chip cookies, but have them be heart shaped. Most people didn't think they were possible where your dough expands, but I thought my idea worked and they looked pretty good! So there is my creative cooking thing I did this month!!!


WHO HAD THE HARDER TIME KARSTON OR DADDY?

Well today we sent Doug off on a plane to Good Ol Texas! He is going to be there for a few weeks getting some training for his new job. I know I am okay to post this because Doug doesn't look at the blog so I am just gonna tell you how this whole thing went down! :)

DOUG: I need to snuggle with Karston this ENTIRE month (Or 14 days) So the picture above demonstrates how we slept for the last 14 days! So sweet huh! You see as soon as Doug walks in the door this is pretty much how these two are until it is time to go night night, and then depending on mom and dad sometimes it just stays that way! I LOVE it!!!
Doug is not a kisser or gushy by any means, but I think Karston has received more kisses in the last 14 days then he has since he was born!
This morning 5:45 A.M. YUCK.... We get up and get ready to go to the airport for a great adventure... Doug takes his stuff to the car, comes in and says is that all.. I said yes while holding our little bundle of joy... Doug IMMEDIATELY starts crying. Karston wakes up and IMMEDIATELY wants to be loved and snuggled by HIS best buddy. Doug SLOWLY and I mean SLOWLY walks to car and all grandpa like puts the little man safely in his car seat.... Karston looking half drunk is wondering what the heck is going on and why his wonderful slumber was being rudely bothered by some cold air hitting him in the face and then having to sit up and be buckled into his car seat eventually realized this is boring so he drifts back off to his wonderful slumber... Doug still cries (Poor Doug)
We pull up to the airport.. .Doug doesn't want us to walk him in so we say our goodbyes outside.... Doug walks away crying more than when we left home!
We walk in our house and Karston wakes up (OF COURSE) and we IMMEDIATELY have to call dad on our new favorite toy our Skype Camera and talk to dad who by this point is much better! Karston gets to tell daddy Wuv you in his sweet voice all is well and happy.

I am proud of Doug and all that he accomplishes every day! I know it was INCREDIBLY hard on him....okay okay I will now admit it.... I also fought the tears all morning, but I know it is something he has to do, and I know this is not the first time they will be sending him away, but maybe next time we will get to tag along. I don't think he could handle saying goodbye to 2 buddies!!!!

Good Luck Doug (Even though I know you won't be reading this) and remember how very much we love you, how very appreciative We are of you, and how much we will miss you while you are apart from us! Hope you enjoy your surprise presents, daily cards, and letter!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE ELSE! We love and appreciate you all!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh that make me soo sad!!! Good luck with that -- let me know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete