WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

My new Weakness!

So I never thought I would ever say this my entire life, but the time has come that I am now going to reveal to whomever reads this I guess my new found weakness......Ready here it goes.... Deep breath..... Okay I guess I am not so independent after all! :) No Really I am, but I am missing Doug. However, if you had to pick between Karston and myself I would have to say that Karston is missing him TONS and TONS more. Probably because he doesn't really understand why Doug is gone where I do so of course he keeps giving me this horribly sad face much like this....

Which to me says Why? Why Mom did you send my dad away? In fact he literally pulled out my heart strings the other night when I heard little whisperings going on in his room. So naturally being the nosy mother that I am I peeked. Only to find Karston laying there on the floor with the book "Who Loves Baby" has it open to his dad's page and is whispering in his dads ears all those horribly secrets... Tattle tailing on me I am sure... Then with the most sweetest and cutest little voice... Lays down on Doug's picture and says Wuv you dad. Mom needless to say lost it. Yes Completely 100% all the way lost it. Anyway... on with the post.

The other day I had a particularly emotional day...(dumb hormones) and little Karston fell. Well when my little man gets hurt mom is okay, but his dad is ALWAYS better except for when he has the throw-ups than it is mom all the way. Of course right... Mom's always get the dirty jobs. Well obviously I couldn't wiggle my nose and BAM Doug would appear. SOOO I tried the Skype camera, and OF COURSE it wouldn't work for some reason so then my sweet baby due to the sole fact that he was sad and hurt and wanted his dad let the devil in him come out what a sight we were Karston doing this...

I also am doing that while trying to give my little man what I know he needs and let him see his dad and due to the large amounts of crazy hormones overtaking my body I am getting more and more and more frustrated. Doug isn't here and life as I knew it was over. Okay not really, but that was how it was at the moment.

So I called Doug and tell him to fix it... Doug is like the large size Handy Manny he can fix anything so he might as well be able to fix it from Texas right? WRONG... I was so wrong. So my good hearted hubby tries to help me, but everything he is telling me to do I already tried and my frustration is just growing and growing so I hang up with my large Handy Manny continue to listen to Karston scream and cry some more out of pure frustration and then out of NO WHERE....

WHACK... Karston hits me with a whisk. The little stinker... Luckily I didn't lose it and take my frustration out on him, but he did get a time out. Then I walked away took a little breather went back and did I have no idea what, turned the computer off and then on and Walla I had fixed the camera.
Called Doug back and told him it was time for him to grace us with his presence again!

Of course He said "NO" for some reason, and I said "FINE". Anyway I got Karston out of time out he gave me kisses and said sorry (Well Kind of) he talked to his Dad, my hormones settled down and life on the home front was just like this once again...

NICE, HAPPY and Peaceful! Just the way I like it!

Doug is still loving his job, although he is incredibly bored. He is learning lots and of course is just enjoying soaking up all the beautiful sun rays that are absent here in Idaho Falls . He is in the middle of no where and had to drive 80 miles to the nearest city. So far he has learned how to rescue people out of the windmills when they pass out, have a heart attack, die or whatever. And he has learned how to due a typical maintenance check. This week he will do 1 much harder maintenance check and learn some other stuff that I can't remember right at this moment. We are proud of him, and we know even though it is a little tough being apart this is where he is supposed to be and we support him in it, but we do MISS him tons and can't wait to see him on Saturday at 11:30 p.m.!!!!

So for now Douglas... We miss you and we hope you have a great week! And really Karston and I are doing great, but lets face it we all have moments where we just need Dad!









1 comment:

  1. OOh I'malmost crying for you!! It makes it soo much harder when the little guys are asking for their Dad!! Tick Tock- Saturday is almost here!!

    ReplyDelete