WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me...EEK

This post is LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG Overdue. On Oct 13 I turned 28, and let me tell you that birthday will be one I will always remember. The day started out nice Doug brought me my most favorite breakfast which is McDonald pancakes and hash brown patty. Yummy. Doug had previously committed himself to helping with a project so he was down doing that while I just hung out with my most favorite gifts.... my boys! We snuggled and watched T.V. and it was great. Then that afternoon my cousins little girl was also born on the 13th and my aunt went and brought her up from Brigham. They were doing a party for her at Leo's Place so the kids and I got ready to head there. Well first we went to the bank. Then after I left the bank I kept having a feeling that I needed to look back at Karston. At first I avoided it then the second time I decided to follow it. I looked back only to see Karston NOT in his car seat and not buckled in. So I told him he needed to get in his seat and get buckled up... He listened and not even 2 seconds after I heard the final click this is what became of my car....





 We were rear-ended and pushed forward into a truck with a nice big hitch on the front. It threw me pretty good so I could have only imagined what it would have done to Karston had he not been buckled in. Unfortunately the pictures don't even begin to do it justice it was actually A LOT worse then the pictures show. I was so thankful I followed my prompting to look at Karston. I am thankful that if it had to be a wreck that this was the extent of the damage and besides me hitting the side of my head hard on the seat that was the extent of the injuries. The guy that hit us was so apologetic. As we were standing on the side of the road talking Doug finally showed up and the poor guy all of a sudden became very embarrassed. Turns out he knew us and has done some work for Doug's dad and stuff I believe. He has had a really tough year and I just felt HORRIBLE for him. He has to be the world's nicest man ever. In fact a few days after the accident he showed up at my house with a gift card to go to dinner because he felt terrible for ruining my birthday. All was not lost though I did get me a newer,bigger vehicle and what a great blessing it has turned out to be for us. I did however, mourn the loss of the Golden Goose, but am glad that was the only I had to mourn over. I am now officially a true Mormon Mom and drive proudly around in a cute MINI VAN, and I do have to say I LOVE IT!

So a few weeks ago Karston woke up SCREAMING. He kept telling me "Big Boom, Crash" Well seeing how he has been traumatized over our accident I just assumed he had a bad dream and was crying over that. So I put him in bed with Doug and I to calm him down. Not even 2 seconds after I laid him down we heard a vehicle just revving his engine like crazy. I got Doug up and we went and peeked out our living room to see this truck stuck in the driveway. We could only see the Driver's side from where we were standing and we thought maybe he drove in the ditch and couldn't get out. So Doug went out to see what was going on. I was a nervous wreck.. What if it was some weirdo or something... I told Doug don't go out there what if he shoots you? Doug looked at me and then said " Then I will shoot back." Anyways while he was getting ready to go out I kept watch. I don't know if the guy saw me peeking out the window or what but he quickly took off running. He came from our trailers though. I don't know if he was looking for something to help get him out or what he was doing. Anyways Doug finally got out there and this is what he saw on the Passenger side. He apparently was drunk and hit the telephone poles, and ran over our Mailbox and somewhere along the lines popped his new tires. When he tried to turn around in our driveway the wheels must have come off hence all the revving and he dug himself into our driveway. Had he been driving a little faster there is a good chance we could have had a firework show going on around and on our house. Thankfully we were all kept safe that night. Don't know what ever happened to the guy but it sure made for yet another eventful day at the Purcell Household!

Nice eh.... Sad thing was was this guy just paid a good chunk of money on this truck a few days before this. Money WELL spent dude.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you were okay in car accident and you like your new van. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh what a whirlwind of a birthday!!! I hope it turned out Ok in the end!!

    ReplyDelete