WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Girls Trip to SLC!!!

This weekend was GREAT FUN! I took my mother-in-law to Utah this weekend and we had a WONDERFUL time! We went down for the Relief Society Conference which was an AMAZING experience. I have never been in a room with SOOO many women before, and you all know what it sounds like when a bunch of women get together.... VERY LOUD, but the neatest thing was that even though there was no an announcement made as soon as the Prophet walked in it was instant silence the spirit in the conference hall changed as soon as he entered. It is definitely an experience you truly can't describe. Anyway! Here are some pics from our great adventure.....

For our first stop we went to Tai' Pan my favorite decorating store! Then after that I took her to Nielsen's Frozen Custard soooooooo yummy where we had dinner and our custard! Sooo FUN!
After leaving the custard place we checked into our Plaza and went to bed!

The next day we were bored so we painted our toes and fingers! Don't they look Pretty! Walked around the Gateway were I got 2 WAY cute pairs of shoes... shhhhhh don't tell Doug (J/K) I love shoes if you already didn't know that! :) Doug did think they were pretty cute!

Then we took a Lovely nap, got ready, and went to Temple square and wondered around there for a little while before going to the Conference. It was funny I had a sister missionary take this picture and when we were walking away some guy that works for the church ran up and said that looks like a great picture and asked if he could take our picture, but he took A LOT more than just 1 than he said well I hope you see this real soon! So we might be famous!!!!!
(We will be more than happy to give you our autographs if and when it is published!hehehe)

It was such a BEAUTIFUL weekend. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Then on Sunday we slept in (oops) but we still made it to the Music and the Spoken Word! I think we woke up about 8:30ish and we needed to be in our seats around 9:00ish so we were extra fast that morning getting ready, and we made it with about 30 minutes or so to spare! Hooray for US! It as always was BEAUTIFUL! They talked about rainbows and following your dreams. They sang my 2 very favorite songs A Child's Prayer, and How Great Thou Art. At the beginning they introduced certain people I was amazed how many different cultures were there in little Salt Lake! Some were from China, Bulgaria, and many other places. A lot of them were studying Religious Freedom and English.
Then after that we went and had a great breakfast, changed our clothes, and came home! I loved being able to spend some one on one time with Kris and for the opportunity I had to make some great memories with her! I knew she was an awesome lady, but I was able to get to know a different side of her. She is a great person, with a loving heart, full of great advice and knowledge and LOTS of fun! Anyways if you get the chance I STRONGLY encourage you to go. It is just not the same watching it on T.V. or listening to it on the radio! Have a great day EVERYONE!!!
Thanks Kris for going with me! I love ya!




3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and my mom had such a great time. Blaine kept Doug and Karston fed while you were gone!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too Kara. Thanks for taking me. It was a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh sounds like soo much fun! and perfect weekend For traveling!

    ReplyDelete