WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stitches... :(

So in my previous post I mentioned how nice it is to camp at Heise for the reason of  being close in case of an emergency.....Well we actually had a little emergency this summer! This post and the previous post go hand in hand. After doing a few pictures we went back to camp and had some treats. The kids were playing on the grass and the next thing I know Karston is crying and holding his head. He said he hit his head when he moved his hand well blood went everywhere. So I cleaned him up and looked and decided this boy is probably going to need some stitches. First though I wanted to make sure stitches were needed because if not I would hate to throw away money for an unneeded emergency visit. So we called Aunt Jodi and Uncle Blaine! It's so nice having nurses in the family!!!! They looked at it and said ...."Yup Stitches." So off to Urgent care we went. 
                                                                  Poor sad baby.
                                          This was the only band aid we had so we went with it!
                                              Hahaha its as big as his forehead! He is so cute!
 They came in and cleaned it then put some numbing stuff on it. We had to have him lay down because if this numbing stuff dripped in his eye it could cause some SERIOUS eye problems. So thankfully Karston is pretty easy to just do as he is told. Then came the actual stitching part. That was TERRIBLE. They swaddled him up and that just really made him mad. He screamed and cried and they made me be mean and hold him down. I just kept saying this is for his own good. That is what I have to say to myself when my babies are being hurt. Makes me feel better about torturing them I guess.
 Anyways 6 stitches later and we were back to camping. This boy is my camper. He LOVES to camp. Trying to get him to let me take him away from camping and down to the doctor was like trying to put a cat in water. Legs were sprawled arms were pushing against the van door trying to keep me from putting him inside. Seriously it was crazy. I had to PROMISE him that we would be going back to camp. When he finally decided to trust that mom would let him come back he was okay with it but boy did he give me a work out. So as promised we came back to camp even though it was late.
 Grampie stayed with Jayden while Grammy and I took Karston in. When we got back grampie had put out the stuff to make Smores since he knows Karston loves doing that. So we all made smores and went to bed.


What an exciting trip this turned out to be. Thank goodness for first aid kits and thank goodness we were close to help and it wasn't worse than it was. I sure love these two babies of mine. They are priceless and I couldn't imagine my life without either one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment