WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Teach them while their young!

I love yard work. This last summer was kind of depressing because we moved into a house where I really don't get to do a lot of the yard work because it is to big. Doug however LOVES it because he got a new mower so he is always out there having a great time. When I was younger my dad took on a lawn mowing business where we had a few lawns to move during the week and or on the weekends. I am not going to lie at times I hated it but most of the time I loved it. First because it gave me some time to spend with my dad, second because it got me up and going and doing something outside, third because it taught me how to work, and lastly because I really do love mowing lawns. A sense of accomplishment is fulfilled I guess you could say. Anyways so when we do yard work we try and make it a point for our little ones to start learning how. Won't hurt them and gives them something to do outside! This is Doug's new mower and we love it. I need to start practicing my skills but sometimes I just go out and ride on Doug's lap its fun! Mostly because he can't see so it makes for a fun ride!!! 
Can't forget spraying the Dandelions by the looks of it we only have a few to kill! Shouldn't be that bad right?!
It is good to practice the push technique as well. You never know when you might have to resort to using some energy to mow your lawn. 

I truly believe your never to young to start something (well unless you are a new little teeny tiny baby then maybe) Teaching your kids something new is sometimes frustrating but also so exciting when it finally clicks and they are so proud of themselves. I guess its the same way with me and cooking. Once I finally get it I get so proud of myself and what I made. I am FAAAAAR from being the type of cook my sisters and my awesome mom-in-law is but hey I try and maybe one day I will be almost to par!!!! Love my life and I love my family!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment