WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Kansas City/ Liberty Jail

Kansas City here we come!!!!
Every night we skyped with Doug tonight Karston was playing Peek-a-boo with him!
Jayden wanted in on the fun too!
Visitors center in Independence. It was great. In my opinion I wish more visitors centers were like this. The kids could touch anything, and what they couldn't they had it very well closed off. They even had a playhouse with a tree and horse and buggy tons of stuff it was so fun!
Karston hard at work making sure his horse stays warm.
The cute missionaries sang us Joseph's First Prayer. It was BEAUTIFUL great acoustics!
We met up with Margaret's son Michal and his family. They were so kind. Made us dinner then took us around to a few of the sites. It was fun meeting them.
The Kansas City temple. Beautiful!!!!
Liberty Jail. I couldn't believe it you could feel the spirit as soon as you drove onto the property. I got a little teary eyed in the car. Joseph Smith was killed in Carthage, but I truly believe that this is where he met his Gethsemane. I don't know how he had the strength to get through those 5 months. It was a great experience.

The original key to the jail.
The back door where Joseph would have entered saying "Good afternoon Gentlemen it's nice to see you."
This is a model of the jail, however some of the bricks they used to build it were from the original jail.
The little window Joseph was able to look out of.
I know that I have heard and learned about all these places, but now that I have seen them, and been in the spots where certain things happened I have a much greater respect and appreciation for all that he did for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment