WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Dougie!

Geesh I didn't realize how VERY far behind I was on my blogging. Now 50 posts later I am ALMOST caught up. Contrary to popular belief this cute man turned 28 this year. July 30 to be exact.  My poor hubby gets a lot of grief about looking older then what he really is. I went and visited his Sunday School class the Sunday before his birthday and he just got done telling his class that I was 28 and then asked the question how old they thought he was.... I have to say it was sooo funny listening to their reasoning he topped out at 45 but with some convincing we got them down to 35! Poor guy. I think he is pretty good looking for his old age! Doug is the greatest... He works so very hard for his family. He is incredibly intelligent and can figure things out so quickly. He is a wonderful dad and a great husband. It is so fun listening to Karston lately he always tells me " That's my dad." I love it! He might appear to be quiet to the outside world but at around us another side comes out and we LOVE it. He is so much fun! We have nightly wrestling, kid tickling moments, dancing and all sorts of other fun stuff the outside world doesn't get to see. He makes us laugh EVERY single night even if he had a bad day we never go to bed without laughing about something. He is a great example to our boys. He is one in a million and I am glad he is ours! We hope you have or I guess HAD the best birthday honey cause you deserve it!!!!
To kick off the day I forgot my camera. I know what your thinking.... Kara forget her camera NEVER! I know I couldn't believe it myself I completely failed that morning. Anyways.... To start off the day my Sister-in-law Beckie was so kind as to watch the kiddos while I took Doug shooting out by the Lava rocks. So much fun! We shot for a while then I had him do an obstacle course which was HILARIOUS to say the least! We took a video of it, but Doug says I am not allowed to show it to anyone which is to bad because we are just SOOOO AWESOME! So as hard as it is try to be strong and not cry to much. Anyways afterwards we went and picked up the kids took them to another babysitter and I blind folded Doug and Drove him all over town. Funny story.... I turned onto Ross to kind of drive around and try to get him lost since he has such an incredible sense of direction well while doing this wouldn't you know a police car was coming out the same time I reached a stop sign and of course he looked over and saw Doug blindfolded in the seat next to me. He gave me this weird look and then FOLLOWED me. I was freaking out inside, but of course didn't want Doug to know so I just kept driving. When I pulled into our next destination the cop left us alone. THANK GOODNESS. I knew I was going to be pulled over or something. Wouldn't that have been a great story!
 Well I took Doug to get his very first pedicure! It was so much fun and he had the nicest looking feet in town! Of course I had to take him to the Chinese place to give him the full experience. It was so funny! As a result he ended up liking it and was surprised to learn that a lot of men get pedicures! I don't know if I could ever get him to go again, but I am pretty tricky! Just look at how embarrassed the poor boy is! Poor guy!
 Following his Pedicure we went and picked up the kids and came home to take a WONDERFUL nap. Nothing better then snuggling with the babies on the couches turn on Dumbo and fall asleep! Then later that night Doug's family and a new couple that just moved into our ward came over for Cake and Ice Cream. We had so much fun!
                                                              My handsome boys!!!!
 Bryndyn came looking so cute!
 Grandma Great came because I had Chocolate Cake! Apparently all you have to do to get her to come over is to bribe her with Chocolate Cake! We love her!!!
 This is our new friend Travis Zeller with his baby girl Elizabeth.
 Beckie looking so cute!

 I let the boys pick out Daddy's birthday presents. This one was a Bean Bag game which when put together lasted all of 1 day before it was broken. Good thing it was a clearance item!
 And of course daddy has to have a new Yo-Yo! I don't know why they boys like these so much but they pick them out every year! This year he got CARS and SPIDER MAN Yo-Yo's!
 My 3 Yo-Yo's!
 Dad showing off his mad Yo-Yo skills!
Anyways it was a great day and as always fun to spend some family time together! We love you Doug and are so thankful to have you in our lives! Your the best and we wish you nothing but the very best this year!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun time!! Sounds like a perfect birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you guys! Tell Doug I don't think he looks THAT old :)

    ReplyDelete