WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Washington D.C Concert Day!

At our evening practice the night before our concert Craig Jessop told everyone that if they have a chance they need to get up early in the morning and go for a walk you will never see anything so beautiful. I have to say he was right. These lovely ladies got up early with me and we went walking at 6:00 a.m.!!! It was a lovely walk, but this is the only picture that I got. Thanks Gaylene, Cindy, Cecil, Cindy Tuckett for getting up for our stroll!
 After our walk we went back to the hotel showered, ate breakfast, got dressed for the concert and we were off to rehearsal! This center is BEAUTIFUL! I do have to say that my favorite hall still to sing in has to be Carnegie Hall, but this was pretty neat too!
 This is what you see as you walk in the building. Pretty neat huh! All the flags lined the hall way.
 This is the view from where I was sitting.
 Here is my spot! Right in front on the balcony. We got to sit in chairs where everyone else had to sit on bleachers so I was more then delighted to be in the balcony!
 Singing!
 The entire Ensemble!
 After dress rehearsal we went up to the top floor and had lunch and then if we wanted to we could go to the terrace. It was sooooo BEAUTIFUL! You could see all the monuments from here.

 Following lunch we had our performance and then we went to Pennsylvania Ave and saw the White House. It is pretty hard to get to go up there on a tour bus so we had to walk. It was fun and it really is a beautiful building!

 Following this stop we went back to the hotel changed and then went on a walking tour. The first stop was the Word War II Memorial. It was very nice. All the monuments are so beautiful and very well kept. I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity of being able to visit this historic place on one of the most sweetest holidays. Memorial Day! I don't know the words to describe it but it was just so touching to see others honoring those that they knew, and those that they didn't. It just made everything mean so much more especially the wonderful blessings that I am able to have because of these wonderful individuals.






 As we walked from monument to monument you would see beautiful statues like this one. I thought it was neat how the sun was shining on this nurse.
 Wreaths like this were EVERYWHERE! So sweet!
 People would leave gifts, letters, etc at the bottom of the wall where their family/friends name is.

 Lincoln Memorial! I was so excited to see this monument! It was spectacular. I was amazed at the size of Abraham Lincoln. These are the steps that Martin Luther king stood to give his speech. They have them as 2 different colors to signify blacks and whites become equal. I didn't know that.

 Me at the base of Mr. Abraham Lincoln. You couldn't get me and him in the same shot so we had to opt for this shot instead to prove I was there!

 We were supposed to see a lot more memorials, but due to bad weather it was cut short so we had to go home. We got to drive past them but since it was dark I couldn't get any pictures. Bummer oh well guess we will just have to go back! When we got back this little beauty was in the drive way of our hotel! I love this picture!
So there is that I promise I am almost done with Washington. Just one more post I promise! It was a WONDERFUL trip and I feel so honored to have been given the chance to go there!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very fun trip. I especially love that last picture. Don't you just want to be kissed like that (spontaneously) one day? Maybe you already have! *wink*

    ReplyDelete