WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November=Greatful Hearts!


So my sister-in-law Jodi told me to start reading this blog named the Nie Nie Dialogues. So I did and soon after, found myself not only in tears, but feeling utterly selfish. The blog is about this lady named Stephanie who was in a plane crash (along with her husband who was burned,but not as bad as Stephanie)and at least 80% of her body was burned. She started the blog before her accident, and has continued the blog when she became able. Reading it truly does make you feel grateful for the small and simple things in life as well as realize the blessings that come from our Heavenly Father and the miracles that can happen with prayer and faith that can move mountains! So since it is November the month we give thanks I am going to try and post 5 things I am grateful for every day!


So since I am behind here is my list for the past 2 days!!!!


November 1

1. I am grateful for the gospel! I know this seems like a typical answer from a Mormon, but really it is very true! I love the fact that I am never alone and that I will be with my family FOREVER! They are my most prized possession which is good because I can't take anything else with me when I die, but I will always have them which makes me want to do better every day!


2. I am grateful for my Hubby! He was and still is the very best thing that has ever happened to me. I love the fact that I know I can always count on him and he will never let me down. He takes care of me and Karston. He truly has a good heart, and most importantly he loves me and he tells me everyday. He doesn't leave without telling us that he loves us even though it means he wakes us up at 6:30 every morning, and honestly I wouldn't want it any other way!!!


3. I am grateful for my health! Reading the Nie Nie blog makes me more appreciative of my EASY morning getting ready routine, and the fact that I can get up and feel good and not have to take 100 pills and wake up in pain due to my skin tightening.


4. I am grateful for my family! It is so nice to know that they will always be there for me no matter what!


5. I am grateful for FALL! Yes I know this is odd because I really hate being cold, but the colors and the beauty that come from it nothing better! I LOVE! It is just so refreshing!



November 2:

1. I am grateful for my opportunity to vote!

2. I am grateful for kids! If you know me you know I always love being with small little humans! They are not only cute, but they are innocent and just full of useful knowledge! Even though sometimes it is a little off the wall they are so creative and if you notice nothing really seems to bother them except for when it comes to sharing their toys! (Man how would that be to only worry about sharing your toys)

3. I am grateful for the sweet snuggles Karston gives his momma! LOVE IT!!!!

4. I am grateful to be able to hear Karston's cute little voice especially when he tries to say new words!

5. I am grateful for Makeup! hahahah funny I know. But man it is sure nice to have some magic cover up when you wake up looking like an 18 month old had a red marker and put little red spots all over your face! (Don't judge you know I am right!) :)

So that is it for now! Tomorrow (or today) has to be over before I can post what I am grateful for for November 3!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea- might steal it and write my own greatful thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Kara,

    I love this idea. I am going to copy it. Glad you like Nie's website. She spoke recently at a BYU conference about loving yourself. I really wanted to go but the timing was off. Maybe next time she talks we should go, eh? And, I really am going to copy your idea! :)

    ReplyDelete