WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE CAN DO ANYTHING!!!



WELCOME TO THE STORIES AND LIFE EVENTS OF



DOUG, KARA,KARSTON,& JAYDEN PURCELL!



Favorite Video of our Little Man!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Hathaway Family Reunion!

These pictures are 100% completely out of order but, there are over a HUNDRED so I will not be taking the time to put them in order. Rude I know but I think I can live with that decision. JULY 2013 we went up to Kellogg back to our roots and had one AWESOME reunion. If your a Hathaway, related to a Hathaway, part Hathaway whatever you should just know that anything and pretty much everything done with the family will consist of a River and Fishing. Lots and Lots of Fishing. My mom and her siblings grew up in the river so that is what they know therefore that is what we do and, I have to say I LOVE IT! This was the perfect spot too. There was the perfect shallow parts where the kids hung out and then there was the deep parts for the adults. Plus there were really good fishing spots too. So this location was a win win for all! This year my Aunt Crystal and Uncle Kevin were in charge and they really did lots of fun things. It was a Cowboy and Indian themed Reunion and the things that they put together especially for the kids was totally AWESOME! So here are the pictures and I will explain if needed. 
We will start I guess with.....Hanging at the River! 

 Jayden was not so confident that this was a good idea. It took him a while to warm up to the cold river H20
Karston thought it was great at first. He just didn't know what his momma was going to do to him next haha!
 My handsome hubby! I love it when he wears his plaid, baseball caps, and sunglasses!Cutie Pa Tootie he is!
 This is my cousin Chris. He likes to Fly Fish. Karston thought he was pretty amazing.

 Jayden still unsure of what was happening to him. My cousin Keith. He gave Jayden a nickname while there apparently to Keith he will forever be known as "Powder" because of his white hair!
 2 of my most favorite Aunt. Crystal and Aunt Cindy! They are pretty fun to be around! Especially when you put these two with my mom.... Boy is it a true party then!
 My cousin Tina. She came from Illinois so it was lots of fun getting to see her again! She is hilarious!
 My cousin Tina's grandson. His name is Hayden. Very nice boy. Very Very polite! Fun to get to know!
 My cousin Heather hanging out with Aunt Sharon. Sharon is the oldest of the kids. Very neat lady!
 Uncle Kevin. Always has been one of my most favorite people. I don't know what it is about Uncle Kevin but all kids just love him. He has the funnest sense of humor and I am just proud of him and all that he has overcome in his life. He is a great person and I am so glad that we decided to name Jayden after him.
 This is Uncle Kevins baby... Hudson. Isn't he so gosh darn beautiful! We love that dog and so do all the kids! He was very attached to that water bottle. My mom gave him a toy monkey and boy did he ever love it. I have never seen a dog be more gentle with a toy than this old boy. It was the sweetest thing ever!
 My dad showing off to Doug. You just got to take the plunge Doug. Your body will become numb to the water eventually!
 Jayden still a bit hesitant about what was going on in his life at this moment! hahahahah he is so cute!
 He's getting deeper. Keep going honey you can do it I know you can! I don't think he ever did get deeper than that!
 Hudson boy being so good with his water bottle. This is what he pretty much did with his monkey too. Just held it gently in his mouth and occasionally laid on it. So sweet!
 Aunt Cindy with her grandson Wylie. He is the sweetest kid ever.
 I could not believe this. Karston holding his first and hopefully last water snake. He was pretty proud of himself. I was proud of him too but only from a distance. That is so gross.
 Baby Jayden just doing his thing minding his own business. There was a pocket on the side of this chair that just had mesh on the outside he was trying to fill it up and couldn't figure our why it wasn't working the way he wanted it too. He worked on it for HOURS. Sorry babe but you didn't succeed.
 Jayden not liking the snake so much. Trying to decide if he really wanted to touch it or not. I don't think he ever did.
 After long day of swimming it was nap time. I was so grateful to have had a trailer with AC in it. It was so hot this week. Felt good to get out of it every once in awhile.
 I can't remember what got stuck in the tree but my handy man got it out. It was so funny everyone loved watching Doug's mind at work. They are all impressed by his knowledge and creativity. So am I!
 This little Gem is London. She is our families miracle baby! She had a few MAJOR health problems when she was first born with her heart and lungs. She is so sweet and just sparkles. We sure love our London. She too needed a break from the heat so she and Jayden decided to watch a movie. It was so cute!
 This is my HOT momma! If I can look half as good as she does in her 50's I will be a happy camper.
 Cute Aunt Cindy probably doing her cackling laugh. I have never heard anyone else with her laugh it is awesome. You can hear it a mile away I'm sure!
                                                Baby London... Little bathing beauty she is!

                                                              Karston Chilling in the tube!
 One night they did a Cowboy themed night. It was so neat. My Uncle Danny makes some pretty amazing things out of wood and so he made all the kids Stick horses (Some of the adults too) and my Aunt Crystal made them all cowboy vests. The kids were so excited.

 Uncle Kevin was the Sheriff of the camp. That is my cousin Kenny behind him. He is an incredible artist.
 Uncle Danny got an "Ass" cause well that word sometimes best describes him. Hahahaha just kidding uncle Danny!
 Then one ENTIRE day we did a Honor day. We honored the patriarch of the family Aunt Sharon. She is incredible. She never had a family of her own so the thing that she holds closest to her heart is the Gospel. She has taken care of lots of people in this family of ours and she did it all unselfishly. Anyways she was getting ready to go on a mission and she could hardly contain her excitement. So we honored her and thanked her for her example of serving the Lord and for just stepping in to take care of her family as needed. We put posters all around the camp with Thank yous, and Good lucks and just things that we admired about her. She was so cute when she saw all them I don't think I have EVER seen her smile so big in my LIFE. It was a great day for her and for us all to see how much it meant to her.
 Well back to the Cowboy day. They all got hats and bandannas too. Pretty cute Cowboys and Cowgirls!

 This is my cousin Ashley's little girl. Her name is Aria. She was a cute little pinup baby!

 My cousin Stacey and 2 of her kids. I'm so sorry but I am not good with names so I can't tell you her kids names. Bad I know. :(

 The kids... well, mostly Jayden kept trying to give Hudson a hat and for some reason Hudson didn't like that idea. Poor Hudson.
 They even had a stampede of horses to basically show off for everyone. So much fun!
 Aunt Sharon with her Missionary Plaque. She cried when she read it. I just love this so much!
 Look at her and that smile. I just love her although I have learned not a good idea to play games with her. She does NOT like to lose! hahaha

 We even got her a pinata for Aunt Sharon day. It was fun. She really enjoyed herself! She got the first swing!
 Oh Jayden. Should we even ask what you are doing? No, probably not. He likes to be alone. Cute boy!

                                            Aunt Tawnya going in to help the boys hit that pinata!


 This is my Cousin Angies daughter Anna. She is a cute little thing. Last time we were up to Kellogg she was actually born so that was fun getting to see her as a newbie!
 Going Fishing! 

 Cooper doing WHO knows what. Cute baby boy! 

 We are all pretty sure that we kept catching the same fish over and over. It was not a very intelligent fish.

 The little felt like it was their job to "MOVE THIS ROCK" So grandma pitched in they weren't successful.

 Little frogs down at the river that my cousins caught. They are kinda cute!

 Alright, so here it is Karston and Jayden were forced to learn how to swim in the river or at least relax enough to let themselves float. Did they like it NO... Did I get scolded a few times by the adults YES. I just felt a very strong urgency to teach them how to trust their life jackets. They hated it the first few days but towards the end...We were going down the rapid part of the river in our life jackets. It was fun to watch them grow.


 Next we had the Indian day! All the kids were given special Indian names, head bands with feathers, and of course Bow and Arrows. They thought that was pretty neat.
 Jayden's name Little Quiver Chin

                                                         Karston got Brave River Boy.




 Story time/ movie time is very important always! This is my Cousin Hailey. She loves little kids. 



 With the Indian night they had set up a hunting course with sheets that had bears and stuff on them so they could practice shooting them with their bows and arrows.
 the HATHAWAY CLAN! 

                               The Hathway siblings showing us their best and worst sides I guess!

 This is my Great cousin Brianne. She is so awesome. She loves kids and I mean adores them. She was like the mother hen of the group all the children would flock to her. It was awesome. I can't remember the name she was given but I do remember that it made her cry especially when we took a picture of her with all the kids. She is a great girl and is going to have a huge impact on many lives. Love you!

 My Cousin Ashley. She lives in Illinois but used to live here. We grew up together for a long time. We always have fun whenever we get together. Love her and miss her.
Coopy doop. He was so funny he always found either walking around with his hands in his cute little pockets or sitting with the Hudson dog. He is such a crazy boy. But he keeps us laughing so that is good!
 Like I said it was so hot up there. Swimsuits or not if there was any sign of water we were found in it!
 Uncle Danny cookin us some grub! We all know the grub makes or breaks the camping experience let me tell you we had some GOOOOOOD Food! It was so yummy. Good job Hathaways!

 I just love this baby girl. She is so sweet you just want to squeeze on her any chance you get. So grateful Heavenly Father let us keep her.

 Kiler and Kendo were the best of buds this entire trip. If they were awake they were together. Cousins make really good friends!
 Uncle Kevin with his family. Aunt Cindy and my cousin Angie. I think that is Wylie in front of them.
 Another movie break needed. Like I said it was so nice having that AC available.

 Coopy chillin with Aunt Tawna. I'm sure they are looking at something amazing... I mean look at their faces.
 We also did a small little birthday party for Anna while we were up there. Her family just moved to Boise so to make up for the missed bday with the grandmas and grandpas we had one at camp. It was fun.

 We had lots of games throughout the day everyday. I missed lots of them because someone had to run into the store for little odds and ends needed. Doug stayed though and saw most of them just didn't take pictures. I was here for this one though. The kids thought it was so much fun and I have to admit it was lots of fun watching them. My kids look so dang cute in shower caps. Hahahahaha!





All in all I think it was an AWESOME trip. There are so many people that I apparently did not get a photo of but we know who was there and love you just the same! I did get video but it really does no good on here. maybe I will post it maybe not who know. We also had a drive in movie night and that was incredibly fun. I truly have a great family. We always have a good time together and we are all very lucky to have each other. Not saying we didn't have our arguments because trust me WE DID... But, we had a great time too. I love Kellogg and its beautiful scenery and history. Fun place!

No comments:

Post a Comment